Spoofax 1.1.0 (25-03-2013)¶
We are happy to announce the release of Spoofax 1.1! This is the first major release since version 1.0.2 and includes major features and improvements. Spoofax 1.1 supports all current Eclipse versions, up to version 4.2.2.
One of the most important improvements in Spoofax 1.1 is the inclusion of NaBL, the Spoofax Name Binding Language. NaBL is used in all new projects created and significantly simplifies name binding analysis, as well as any editor services that depend on it (e.g., code completion, reference resolving)
NaBL is documented at the following pages:
Other highlights of the 1.1 release include:
- Improved build process: generated files can be deleted, building & loading are separated, projects can be cleaned (http://yellowgrass.org/issue/Spoofax/577, http://yellowgrass.org/issue/Spoofax/591, http://yellowgrass.org/issue/Spoofax/578)
- Improved Stratego editor with multi-file reference resolving based on NaBL (http://yellowgrass.org/issue/Spoofax/12)
- Extended support for customizing refactoring UI (http://yellowgrass.org/issue/Spoofax/440)
- Automatic configuration of git/svn ignore settings (http://yellowgrass.org/issue/Spoofax/573)
- Added support loading for Java-based plugin dependencies, in case your plugin depends on some other plugin such as EMF (http://yellowgrass.org/issue/Spoofax/322)
And there were a number of notable changes under the hood:
- Much improved completion engine (http://yellowgrass.org/issue/Spoofax/360)
- We now show a nice warning if Eclipse is not configured with a proper stack and heap size (http://yellowgrass.org/issue/Spoofax/86)
- Files are now queued for re-analysis even if their editor is not open (http://yellowgrass.org/issue/Spoofax/224)
A comprehensive list of changes can be viewed at http://yellowgrass.org/tag/Spoofax/1.1.
Eclipse plugin update site¶
The latest stable version of the Spoofax Eclipse plugin is always published to the
stable update site:
http://download.spoofax.org/update/stable. See the getting started guide for instructions on how to get started with Spoofax.
This specific release is also published to the
release/1.1.0 update site: